Friday, June 12, 2009

staring blankly ahead...



Staring blankly ahead, I lose myself. Lost in this world, I feel as if I no longer know where I am going. What's ahead of me? Where will I end up? How will I get there? Who will I be? These questions constantly flow through my head as I stare blankly ahead.

These days it's so easy to lose yourself... or doubt yourself. I mean you can get so wrapped up in daily chores, tasks, annoyances... that you start going 100mph towards nothing. It seems as if we all are working towards something... some people have it set in their heads on what they want... others are still trying to figure that out. But as you continue to try and figure it out... time flies by... and you start to drown in a whirlpool of confusion, fear, and uncertainty.

I've always wanted to be a Doctor.. and still want to be one. I got good grades, I got accepted into Medical School, I made it happen. But I believe things happen for a reason... and the situation that I am currently in made me realize that maybe this is not what I am supposed to be doing. I have always followed "things will fall as they should" and so I just go with the flow.

As lost as I may be, I guess I have to just stare blankly ahead... Things will happen. Eventually I'll figure out what's my calling. Who knows... maybe it is destined that I become a Doctor. But whichever the case, the life I live and want is a happy life. As stressful, difficult, and confusing it may be at times, I can say that it's a good one. I have a wonderful family, awesome friends, and I am healthy. No one likes to be lost, confused, and uncertain... but if you overcome that... and not let it control your life.... then all is good... it's okay to stare blankly ahead. .. for now.

1 comment:

  1. David I think that you are really smart and that the fact that you know what you want to do and that you have worked hard to put you on that path is admirable. It's good that you are taking a break to sort through things and take a breather. I feel sometimes that we all get caught up on the goals that have built up for so long that we don't stop to assess whether or not that's the right path for us.


    It's always rough when you hit that path of uncertainty. I have faith that you will end up doing something that makes you happy and that you will get there. Just keep swimming. :)

    ReplyDelete